Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Brain CT scan showed bilateral mastoid sclerosis. Have ear pain. Treatment?

what is bilateral mastoid sclerosis? I have recently had a ct of my brain and the findings were that My mastoids appear clerotic bilaterally and I dont understand what this is. I have a pain in my ear that wont go away, its more behind the ear, but hurts everywhere ingeneral. Apart from these findings, the ct results say that everything else is normal. My pain wont go away, how is it treated? thank you. Sincerely Amelia
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  363
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
I have gone through your query.
Sclerotic mastoid is not the clear cut diagnosis because it present in normal person and also in the mastoiditis patient.
For your treatment, it is absolute necessary of your both ear finding by the ENT specialist.
Please consult ENT specialist for it and after this send me the reports of that finding.

I will wait for it.

Wish you good health
Answered: Fri, 25 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor