Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Bottom of gum, feel sore and tender. How do I treat this?

Bottom of gums about two-three teeth wide feel sore/tender during mouth mouth/cheek movements (including drinking water with a slight cheek-puff). Has lasted longer than a week and I can t recall eating anything that would have cut my gum in that location. What are some possibilities of what it could be and how should I go about treating it?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012
Answers:  4 Views:  110
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
hello Elbeeeye,
might you have deposits in your gums which have lead to soreness of gums. for that you need cleaning of your teeth by dentist. you can also have got decayed tooth in the portion which might be causing you tendernes and sensitivity. that need to be treated by proper removal of decayed portion of tooth and then proper filling. Also tenderness or soreness can be due to mouth ulcers which might be that you are not able to see .
Consult your dentist .

dr deepali
Answered: Thu, 20 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Gunjan Gupta's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
I read your problem,it seems that you have deposits on lower front teeth because of that these teeth/gums became sore and you are having in that teeth/gum area.
First of all i would like to tell you that lower front teeth region and upper 1st molar tooth region is thea most common area of plaque/deposits.
So i will suggest you please visit a dentist in your area as soon as possible and get the scaling done and follow all the given instructions after scaling.
Nothing to get worried.
Take Care
Dr. Gunjan Gupta
Answered: Thu, 20 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Neha Sumra's  Response
Welcome to HCM
You might have got abrasion of teeth due to forceful brushing & it has lead to sensitivity of teeth.
Enamel doesn't regenerate once removed,So i would advise you to start using desensitizing tooth paste like Thermoseal-RA twice a day.Still if problem persists then you go for veneering.
But first of all consult your dentist.

Take Care
Answered: Thu, 20 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Preet Kaur's  Response
hi there
after reading your post i feel most probably its time u get a professional cleaning done for your teeth.
start brushing twice daily with mild brush in a circular manner.
take Luke warm water half a cup add half tbs table salt n rinse at night after brushing for ten days n do visit a dentist.
Answered: Wed, 19 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor