Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Both myself and wife having gonorrhea. Nobody between our relationship. Had gonorrhea before. Getting treatment with injections and antibiotics

got gonorrhea 12 years ago now I have it again with my wife she says he has no contact with other men and i said to her me neither why is it like that. on the first attack my symptoms is pus in my penis now its re occurred again, is it really a gonorrhea can i retest it to determine if its really a gonorrhea because i had only urine test i got 100 pus reading in my result. my wife and i are hundred percent that nothing was between our relationship. now i got treatment with injections and antibiotics with my wife hope we get cured, and hope its not an underlying disease. by the way my wife pus reading is 4 to 5 and i know it normal. hope you could answer me thanks doc.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  108
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi david,
A long list of infection can cause urethral discharge common of them are
1. Gonorrhea
2. Chlamydia
3. Trichomonas
4. Candida
5. Herpes
6. Atypical bacteria
All of them are not always sexually transmitted infection.
Female might be a carrier of many of the listed organism, they may be found as normal inhabitant of their genital parts.
It would be better if you were collect your discharge for" microscopic examination and culture " before starting an antibiotic.
With regards.
Answered: Wed, 20 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. A.K.Pandey's  Response
most probably you are suffering from UTI.

there is nothing wrong with your wife.
continue your antibiotic course as per your doctors advise
and get rechecked your urine after treatment.
Answered: Wed, 20 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Ram Choudhary's  Response
If you are pretty sure that it is gonorrhea- must be proven by microbiological examination then treatment is straight forward with 3rd generation Cephalosporin atibiotics for one week for both husband and wife
Answered: Thu, 21 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor