Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Born with one testicles. Will this affect testosterone levels in the body?

hi,i am a 21 year old male...i go to the gym to build my body for the past 4 years...however i was born with one testicle question is.....does this affect my testosterone level in my body? does my body has less test than any normal guys?should i take any external test source to help??and what diet should i stay on to increase my male hormones?and is there any advices u could give me?thank u very much for ur time...i appreciate it
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  399
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Having ONE testicle needs to be confirmed because once in a while the other testes is UNDESCENDED meaning it may be in the abdomen and so may not be visible outside.For an undescended Testes the main problem is NOT on testosterone level but of finding out and removing the hidden testes to avoid getting a testicular cancer in that testes so if you have not undergone ultrasound for the same you may do so or meet urosurgeon and do the needful because it is best to locate and bring down or remove the hidden undescended testes.Do get back if needed.The testosterone level in blood can be eaasily checked and in any case there need not be any worry about having children so not to worry.
Best wishes and take care
Answered: Sat, 12 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor