Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Born with heart murmur. Stent inserted. Dizziness, heart murmur after started smoking. What to do?

Hello, so i was born with a heart murmur and when i was 18 i got a stent put in it to fix it and close the hole. I m 21 now and have been smoking for a year. the other day i got dizzy and my heart began to race. i could feel the murmur for some reason? like the way it would feel before i had the stent put in. now its hard to sleep my hearts been at a steady somewhat fast pace and when i put my hand on my heart i can feel the murmur vibrate or whatever it does. that distinct feel of the murmur. what should i do?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The first thing to do / and you have to do yourself / IS TO STOP SMOKING...
Smoking is bad even for a normal heart / you should avoid even passive smoking...

The next step is to see a cardiologist.
Arrhythmias may be part of the original defect / or result of treatment.
EKG / HOLTER (24 to 48 hour ambulatory monitoring) / ECHOcardiogram / TMT (Treadmill exercise ECG) / LABORATORY work-up – may all be necessary for further assessment and assistance.
The treating doctor may suggest them depending on need, based on his assessment of the situation.

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Tue, 19 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor