Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Bone loss in hip, short term disability. Done X ray and CT scan. Help?

hello, i have bone loss in my right hip, have had exrays and my doctor has requested a C T scan and a orthopedic surgeon to look at my hip. my work is starting to suffer from my condition and am just about ready to go on short term disabilty, this gives me full pay for six months and then i have long term at 55 % after that. my question is can i exspect my hip to be fixed in six months in Canada ?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Good morning. if u can give additional informatio like age what type of disability or discomfort u have. preliminary x ray findings. in advanced age people more common problems are fracture hip or arthritis hip, avascular necrosis. for arthritis hip treatment is replacement of hip joint. what ever the problem is it can be managed and u can do ur regular activities in a short period. i think ur probelem can be fixed. u need not worry. thank u
Answered: Fri, 5 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor