Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Bone cancer in collar bone. Growing large from pea size to tennis ball size. Which stage?

my father age 70, weight 55 ,No other illnes /problem is having bone cancer in his collar bone, which was size of peas but rapid grew in last 2/3 month now it is as big as tenis ball ( will it burst/ or spread to brain ?) ... we have done petscan and doctors say it is in 3 /4 stage and some suggested going for chemo will some say he cannot sustain the treatment ... pls advise
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Oncologist, Radiation 's  Response
you should mention exact type of malignant bone tumor. as your doctor has already told you that you have got stage 3/4 cancer probably it has metastasized. now chemo is the only option. bone tumor generally needs toxic chemo regime but depending on patient's medical condition dose and drug adjustment can be made. consult your oncologist.
Answered: Thu, 7 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor