Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Boils on vagina, vaginal bacterial infection, turning into scars. Is this normal?

Hi the other day i went to my gp due to what looked like boils on my vagina . my doctor believed that it was a vaginal bacterial infection and gave me flucloxacillin 3 times per day for a week. Some have faded and turned into scars? is that normal? and now their are some turning up on the other side of my vagina. Please help
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  582
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

I am Dr Mbong. It is ok for 'boils' to scar as they heal with treatment.

However if you have some new bumps/boils coming up even on flucloxaillin, then they may be due to some other cause for which flucloxacillin can not treat. A herpes bug (a virus) can cause such an infection and would not respond to flucloxacillin.

Please report to your physician and complain so that he can review your case, do further investigations and prescribe appropriate treatment.

Wish you quick recovery,

Dr Mbong
Answered: Wed, 6 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor