Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Boils on stomach, armpits, under breasts. Using creams for staph infection. Symptoms of breast cancer?

I have been getting these things on my stomach that look like something between a pimple and a boil . I went to the er and they said it could be staff infection and gave me some cream to put on them. But they aren t going away and know I am getting them by my left arm pit. I have had these for 6 months or so. But what is worrying me the most is that I have one under my right breast that looks something like the ones on my stomach and arm pit. It has been there for a few weeks and it started of small and is getting bigger and hurting. I have a history of breast cancer in my family and I am scared that this could be something serious, please help!
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  521
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General Surgeon 's  Response
As per your query,you are having multiple abscesses over your body.The exact bacteria and the proper antibiotic that is causing this can only be diagnosed with the Culture and sensitivity of the discharge from the lesion.
Apart from local cream,You have to take Oral Antibiotic like Cefuroxime or Cefpodoxime along with Anti inflammatory drug.
Breast cancer will present as a swelling in the Breast which can be felt.Though you have a positive family history,this lesion is not related to it.
Don't worry.
Wish you speedy recovery.
Answered: Tue, 5 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Akhilesh Dubey's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
You have multiple boils which are most commonly staphlococcal infection, but they usually heal with local application of suitable antibiotic and if required systemic antibiotic and anti inflammatory drugs.
You need to get examined by good Physician and please rule out Diabetes as you have recurrent boils.
As they are in arm pit they may be lymoh nodes which needs to be examined.
You are right to be concerned about Malignancy of breast as it runs in family but do not worry and after careful examination by a Surgeon,a Mammography or Sonomammography may be done and if there is any suspicious mass a Fine needle aspiration or Biopsy may be done,alog with some blood test of tumour markers.
Please take care of yourself
Best of Luck.
Answered: Tue, 5 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Oncologist, Surgical Dr. Rohan Khandelwal's  Response
I am glad that your are seeking medical advise for your problem.
The lesions which you are explaining do seem to be infectious in nature and can be a staph infection which is known as folliculitis. If the cream is not providing you any relief, you should consult a dermatologist or a infectious disease doctor and they will give you oral antibiotics. Some people are carriers of this infection and that is why they get it repeatedly. Your doctors can do some tests (like nasal and pharyngeal swab) to check for that.
As far as breast cancer is concerned, your lesions dont fit into the picture. Breast cancer usually presents as a painless lump in the breast. It can also be detected on screening mammographies. If you have a family history of breast cancer, it is advisable that you visit a surgeon every 6 months for a breast examination and get annual mammograms or sonomamograms done.

Hope you get well soon.
Answered: Tue, 5 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor