Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Boils on buttocks, test shows E.coli infection. Taking Droxyl. Is this sufficient?

Hello doctor I am 23 and soon to get married i am worried for a reason as i have boils on my butts Culture sensitivity test suggests it is e.coli infection my gynec prescribed me norflox tablet however all the boils havent vanished SO she has now prescribed me droxyl 250 dt along with lysoflam and hh zole cream Do i need to take something else ? or should this be sufficient ? I need another opinion... pls help...
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  287
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic
You seem to be having bacterial infection of hair follicle ( Furuncle). Antibiotics are the mainstay treatment for it. I recommend you to see a dermatologist for this condition and not a gynecologist. HH Zole is a mid potent steroid and antifungal combination cream, please do not apply this on boils. Diclofenac gel ( lysoflam) is a pain relieving gel but used mainly for muscular aches and pains. Droxyl is an antibiotic and can be taken , however I would have given 500 mg twice a day for an adult like you.
Hope this helped.
Take care.
Answered: Wed, 4 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor