Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Boil on thigh, popped, pus drainage, hole formed, white tissue. Will propygenta-nf cream help?

Hi, I had a boil on thigh but it ruptured while cleaning and drained out and left a hole of approx 1.5mm x 1.5mm. I can still see some white tissues inside but I am afraid to pull it out as it may increase infection. I am applying soframycin on it and covered it with bandage . Please advice. I also have Propygenta NF cream but I am confused if I should use that instead of Soframycin to help heal the hole as 1.5mm looks like a big hole to me.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  421
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi samkikani,
I have read your question,
Getting Boils on body parts is due to a bacterial infection and it can be curable completely,
PROPYGENTA-NF cream and ointment are super-high potency corticosteroid formulations indicated for the relief of the inflammatory and pruritic manifestations of corticosteroid-responsive dermatoses.
In your case this is not necessary,

I suggest you to continue soframycin ointment along with systemic antibiotics , anti-inflammatory drugs, do wound dressing daily , your problem will get cured within a week .

I suggest you to consult a physician nearby for further medical advice.

Wishing you a good health,
DR.G.Gayatri devi.
Answered: Fri, 4 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor