Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Boil on crack of buttocks. Prescribed surfaz cream, abzorb dusting powder, pus discharge. Cure?

I have a boil on the butt crack. its been there for few months. I consulted a doctor, he prescribed surfaz cream and Abzorb dusting powder. It seemed to heal in a weeks time but since there is constant pressure on it whenever I sit, it didnt heal. Some days it would have pus in it, some days it wouldn t have anything in it. What should I do to get it cured? please help
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  180
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum. It is a boil of improper treatment, and it appears to be deep seated abscess. Depending upon the length of its duration there could be underlying bone.
I advise you to consult a surgeon for diagnosis and treatment. probably it needs irrigation of the underlying bone after the confermation of the infection of the bone, for complete relief.
If there is no bone infection a complete course of antibiotics will hold good to manage the condition.
Besides i also advise you some diet recommendations as avoid taking potato, other tubers, pulses, and fish to minimise the pus formation and pain.
Wishing for a quick and complete relief of the problem and thanks for calling.
Answered: Wed, 6 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor