Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Boil on back, hard, oozes out pus. What is it?

My boyfriend has a strange spot/ boil on the middle of his back. It is very hard under the surface of his skin + has a brown head that seems to sit below the skin. It s very hard to squeeze + produces a thick, white puss that has a very strong smell of cheese. It squeezed the same one about 4 months ago + it has now re appeared.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  790
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
hello dear,
it is a sebaceous cyst, that is accumulation of dead cells under skin.

it is a very chronic condition

the only treatment for this is surgical exicison.

please meet a dermatologist.

thank you
Answered: Fri, 8 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor