Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Boil in crack of buttocks, pains

i have a large painful boil in the crack of my buttocks. how do i get rid of it?
Asked On : Sun, 11 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  530
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi Dear User.
welcome to the platform of HCM
It could be simple boil or it could be pilonidal sinus, which can be confirmed by general Surgeon.
If it is pilonidal sinus. it has to be excised.
And if it is a gluteal abscess. then it should be treated by Incision & drainage by surgeon, along with antibiotics and painkiller , regular dressings may be required.
Hope your query is answered
Answered: Tue, 18 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor