Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Bodyaches, flu symptoms. Passing big clots during periods. What could it be?

2 days ago I thought i had a stomach bug, i stopped in bed all day with pains, full body aches and fever type symptons, i have come on my period and im sure its early (dont really keep track) there are big clots, i have had them before but not so big or so many, the pain has stopped and its just a normal period pain now, im 20 and have books into the doctors for tomorrow but im scared so wanted some answers
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for posting your question here, I will try to answer it to the best of my abilities.

Some women sometimes pass blood clots during their periods and it is nothing to worry about. But in most cases it is something to worry about, as blood clots could be caused due to miscarriage, fibroids or hormonal changes in your body.
So it is a good thing that you booked an appointment, these three things are probably the first things they will check and after confirming the diagnosis treat you accordingly.

I hope this answered your question.
Answered: Sun, 21 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor