Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Body pain, leg pain. Relief when using hot water with salt. Reason?

My mother aged 56 has pain all over her body. Body pain happens whenever she walks for long time, or keeps sitting or even when she is lying in bed for a long time. Whenever she is in a particular position for a long time pain occurs in her legs or calf , and waist . Also in spine . If she uses hot water with salt then she gets relief. It has been happening past 22 years and did not get a proper relieve. I would like to know why it may happen .. what should be further action.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It seems that your mother might be having Osteoporosis and Osteomalacia giving rise to all problems.
This condition might be aggravated due to menopause.
Give high dose of Calcium, vitamin A and D supplements.
Advise her slow walking exercise.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Fri, 9 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

As your mother's symptoms have been present for more than 2 decades, she needs a thorough evaluation and clinical examination to define the underlying cause.

In the meantime, encourage her to take fresh fruit juices (which contains antioxidants), Green leafy vegetables, Calcium rich diet and maintain levels of physical activity.

Consult your treating physician for a detailed evaluation and further management.

Hope this information helps. Good day
Answered: Fri, 9 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Hi and welcome to HCM
Pain all over body and in spine could be due to osteoporosis . It is common in old age especially post-menopausal women. I suggest you to get your mother evaluated by an orthopaedician. After diagnosis her he/she may start anti osteoporotic treatment. I advice her to take diet rich in calcium and vit D3.
Hope this will helps you. Take care.
You can cosult me again directly through my profile
Answered: Fri, 9 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor