Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Body pain. Suffered urea increase. Prostate suffers enlargement. Am I okay?

Please help my grandpa is 90 years old he is having pain on whole body but more over in right side and he is having continues hiccup for several time after time and having cough also regularly,he goes for urination 1-2 time for a day.He has sufferd with urea increase in blood before also .His ultrasound reports are below please help Ultrasound examination of Abdomen & Pelvis Liver is enlarged in size,shape and echotexture. The intra hepatic portal radicles look normal. No focal lesion seen. Portal vein appears normal. The gall bladder is well distended with smooth outline. No obvious calculus detected. The CBD is normal. Spleen is normal in size and measures 9.32 cms. Pancreas is normal. Right kidney:: 8.94 x 4.48 cms Left kidney: 9.04 x 4.94 cms Both kidneys appear normal in size,shape and echogenicity. No calculus, hydronephrosis, or perinephric pathology seen. Few cortical cysts seen in right kidney. Urinary bladder is well distended and normal. Its wall shows normal thickness. No focal lesion seen. Right iliac fossa examination is unremarkable. Prostate appears enlarged in size and normal in echogenicity. Size measures : - 39.5 x 53.8 x 44.1 mm, vol 49.06 cc No free fluid seen in the peritoneal cavity. Impression : Findings are suggestive of grade II prostate enlargement with hepatomegaly and few cortical cysts in right kidney.
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  106
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
hi mudit, get your grandpa checked by a physician to find cause of cough and hiccoughs. He may have problems in his kidney function. His prostate is enlarged but size is not a criterion for intervention. if your physician feels, he may advise a urology or nephrology consult as per his other reports. take care.
Answered: Sun, 27 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Thank you or providing the reports for reference.

Take Hom. medicine -




Answered: Sat, 26 May 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor