Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Blurry spot in eye. Diagnosed retinal vein occlusion. What are the risks?

I have a blurry spot in my right eye. I can t focus well when reading. Reading glasses help a bit. I still test at 20/20 vision , but it takes a while for me to focus. I had complete eye tests and blood workup. I was diagnosed with retinal vein occlusion. We have ruled out high cholesterol . I do take med for that. I was tested for factorV and found no risk of that. My blood pressure has been running higher than normal and I am in the pre- hypertension range most of the day. I have 2 questions, How can I find out how it was caused? and how can it be treated, or is it permanent?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

Central retinal vein occlusion is treated only if there are other eye complications such as macular edema or new vessels. Injection Avastin is tried intra-vitreally ( inside the eye, 3-6 injections 4 weeks apart). There is no definite cause for it but is more common in those with hypertension/hypercholestrolemia/diabetes. It has two types-the ischemic type and the non-ischemic type . The the first type has more vision deterioration than the second type. Your ophthalmologist would be able to help you to know which type of CRVO you have had.


Answered: Fri, 4 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor