Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Blurred vision, minor headaches. Treatment options?

Hello. So I have noticed for the past few years of a hypotropia in my eyes but lately it just keeps getting worse. I have slight blurred vision and minor headaches . My question is will doctors still treat it? I m 17 years old and live in XXXXXX. Also, how much would it be or would insurance cover it? Thank you for your time!
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.

If you have not done an eye check up yet, do consult as any strabismus/squint needs a direct prompt examination to know the cause of it and treatment varies accordingly.
Since it is of a recent onset (3yrs) and associated with headache and blurred vision,
-if it's due to refractive error, glasses or contact lens might help you.
-if it's not, then it needs a detailed neurological assessment too.
- cosmetic surgical intervention of the muscles can be done .
Before going for consultation take some old photographs as the eye doctor can compare then and now status of the squint.
So do let us know after your consultation
Answered: Sat, 22 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor