Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Blotchy red brown rash. Tingly. Have eczema. Recently on birth control. Spotting. Problem?

I have a blotchy red/brown rash that almost looks like bruising on the inner crease of my right elbow. I have eczema, but this is not it. It's not really itchy, just uncomfortable and doesn't feel right. It's a little tingly. I just started new birth control 2 weeks ago and I am also spotting a little mid-cycle.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.
Sometimes contraceptive pills can cause these types of side effects.
You once consult gynecologist and get examined. If she suggests you can go for coagulation profile once.
If everything is normal, no need to worry. Possibly the rash will subside soon.
If the same thing repeats in future you may consider changing of the contraceptive method.
For more details you can ask me through:
Take care.
Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor