Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Blotchy, rash like discoloration in pubic area. What could it be?

hello, i have a strange blotchy, rash-like discoloration located in my pubic region, its not very itchy and it is not raised. It is sometimes dried out looking and and is only in my pubic region and the areas between my pubic region and thigh (not on my penis ). The rash is red almost dark red and is scattered only in the pubic region. The sizes of the spots are not big but seem to mash together giving it a blotchy look. please let me know if you know what it could be. im thinking maybe jock itch? but i have only had sex with 1 person in the last 2 years and it does not look like herpes .
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  1337
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have Jack Itch as you have rightly thought of..
Please observe good personal hygiene with washing your groin and genitals with worm water twice daily
Wash your inner wares in Hot boiling water twice daily. mixed with antiseptic solution like Dettol.

Apply some topical anti fungal ointment like Mecanozole twice daily. It should get cured in a week.

Get prescription of the medicaion from your family Physician.
Answered: Mon, 25 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor