Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Blood while spitting, bad breath after giving up smoking. What is the problem?

When my husband spits there is blood in it, I have looked in his mouth and cannot see where it is coming from, he blew his nose and there was no sign of blood. He has been complaining of blood taste in his mouth shortly after he gave up smoking in January and has also had very bad breath, please advise if he should see our GP thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
Dear, you must understnd that the given description is very small nd we cannot conclude anything from it.
The blood in the spit can be from anywhere.
Mouth, throat, oesophagus, trachea, lungs, stomch etc
The reasons for this blood is also so many in medical symptametology.
Husbank was smoking, is just a supplement for the main cause.
Therefore it is always better to consult your general physician and get to a conclusion with the support from pathological tests.
Wish your husband speedy recovery.
Answered: Thu, 16 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor