Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Blood type blister on vulva for years, discomfort, pain, burning sensation. What could it be?

i am 56yr old female i have a blood type blister on vulva which has been there for at least 5yrs and has slightly increased in size which is on the right side on the labia majora for a number of months i have have had dicomfort in this area which comes and goes however the last week i have had pain and burning sensation and a feeling something is there what could this be?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello ma'am.

The appearance of blisters, warts or any other types of growth around the genital region always raises doubt on whether or not this is in relation to sexually transmitted infections.

Genital blisters are usually associated with herpes, whereas, warts and similar growths are associated with human papillomavirus (HPV).

But these are all just assumptions, and what you hae could be totally different from what actually is suspected. I would request you to visit a doctor for a physical examination especially as you are experiencing discomfort and other symptoms.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.
Answered: Tue, 23 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor