Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Blood test that shows a girl sexually active or taken an i pill

what kind of blood test reveals whether a girl is sexually active or has taken an i pill? n how long does the traits of i pill remains in the blood even if it shows up in any kind of test? kindly help... thank you
Asked On : Mon, 12 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  83
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

There is actually no test that shows that a lady is sexually active or not. However, a physical exam may be suggestive of the fact that a lady is sexually active or not but NOT conclusive. The client is the lone person to attest to whether she is sexually active or not.

Rarely do we go looking for reasons to say someone has taken an ipill or not. This will sabotage our efforts to encourage contraception especially in women who don't want to become pregnant. however, because they are synthetic hormone, they can be dosed in the system but no one really does that. I am afraid you may not find where to get that address except on special instructions from authorities.

I hope you find this helpful and provides enough information for you to make and informed decision on how to tackle this. Thank you so much for having used our services and we do hope to see you next time if need be. I wish you good health.

Dr. Ivo Ditah, MD.
Answered: Fri, 29 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor