Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Blood test shows high ESR and RA positive. Knee and ankle pain. Prescribed Penidure. Needs to be taken life long?

Hi Doctor, I am facing joint pain for past 5 years. Earlier i took siddha medicines but now i stopped everything. Recently again i took blood test report where my ESR is too high and RA is positive. Each and every day i am suffering from joint pain mainly on knee and ankle. My doctor advised to take PENIDURE injection and this is the very first time i am going to take this injection. Do i need to continue this injection for lifelong? I am very much worried about my future and for this purpose i postponed my marriage too. Need your kind advice doctor . Many thanks Niveda.D
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  315
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Hi I don't think you need penidure as u seem to be suffering from rheumatoid arthritis.
Please consult your rheumatologist for proper treatment
Answered: Tue, 11 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. A. Mohan Krishna's  Response
Hi thanks for the query
From the complaints you had described and with the blood tests it could be rheumatoid arthritis. I prefer you to take advice of rheumatologist for further opinion and management. I don't recommend now to take penidure injections.
Answered: Tue, 11 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor