Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Blood test is +ve but getting confused RA test. What should i do ?

hello, this is bhawana and i have problem of joints pain in all body. before test for RA was possitive but now its negative but still pain is there. may i know what should i do. i again did blood test in that anti nueclear antibody test, that was possitive. so i m taking medicine for that but when i ll stop it pain will increase. so what should i do..
Asked On : Wed, 13 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
thanx for healthcare magic
well ana is negative u have to go through other tests hb,tlc.dlc.esr,uric acid also,rbs and your more history would have helped to treat your case well..anywaz i must have x ray pa view and laterral view of the most painful that later on other diseases may be evaluated..dont worry
Answered: Thu, 14 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
see ANA ie antinuclear antibody is not confirmatory test for is just suggestive and supportive.......much more imp is the type of joints involved , time and duration of pain....what aggravates and what relieves ur pain......u need to describe it....and also get some tests done ...hb/tlc/dlc/esr.. antiCCP....RA factor..LE cell....and x ray of the most afected joint ....usually it is wrist and small joints of hand in c/o get AP & LATERAL XRAY OF HAND
Answered: Wed, 13 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor