• question-icon

Blood test for thyroid disease. Why excessive sweating, weight issue and anxiety?

i got a blood test for thyroid disease and it came up that i was pretty healthy in that aspect. on the contray i have alot of health issues that all seem to be bold signs of thyroid disease (eg. sensitivity to heat, exessive sweating, sleep issues, weight issues, anxiety ) and i was wondering if the fact that i smoked pot the day of my blood test can effect the results. are there any other tests i should take? i also got an ultrasound . my doctor doesnt seem to be concerned but i feel that it is affecting my life more and and more every day.
Mon, 25 Nov 2019

No, smoking pot does not affect your lab tests. The symptoms you are suffering from can happens with many diseases other than thyroid. So, you should ask to do all the routine lab works to find out what you are suffering from.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman, Internal Medicine Specialist