Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Blood test done, results awaited. Irregular periods. What could be the reason for delay and are there any medicines for hormonal imbalance?

Today I went to doc obgyn about my lhs and fh give it to blood test. I have to wait for two days for result, but I want to know if anything they found they will give me any medicine for hormones balance, because my period didn't came 4 month,and then doc give me one tablet then I drink that 5 days after 5 days I got my period, after that they told me to check my lhs and fh..... Pls give me mor Infor,,,
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
LH - Luteinizing hormone, FSH - Follicle stimulating Harmone, TSH - thyroid stimulating hormone all are secreted by the pituitary Gland in the brain.
FSH - for follicle stimulation
LH - for ovulation
TSH - throid stimulation
all are interlinked for reproduction by its specific action. You have not mentioned about TSH.
As you had secondary amenorrhoea (Absence of period without pregnancy) they have done hormonal assay. Prior to that they have given hormone to induce periods.
Treatment depends upon the results. So many hormone preparation are available (as I have mentioned the function of each hormone). Just wait for the results and take treatment accordingly.
You will succeed.
Best wishes.
Answered: Fri, 19 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor