Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Blood sugar test done, shows fasting level, PP, glucose trace in urine. Am I diabetic?

hi, i am 54 male,no walking or exercises, weight 70kg, my fasting blood sugar level today (7.10.12)is122, PP 153, urine (F)negative, urine(PP) glucose trace do i become diabetic, how can i control, do i ve to avoid sweets? take to sugarless tea/coffee is it dangerous level or could be controlled or reduced please advise YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  248
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear Elango,hello
Your blood glucose levels are above normal range. Glucose should be absent in urine.
Yes, you have to take precautions in your diet. Avoid sweets and carbohydrate rich foods like potato, rice, etc. You can switch to sugar free substitutes for tea/coffees.
Your sugar level is curable. Follow strict diabetic diet, do regular exercise and yoga and you will notice that your sugar levels will be controlled.
Donot ever take diabetic medicines without medical supervision as excess dose can be dangerous.
I hope I am able to solve your query. If you have furthur doubts, I am ready to help.
Answered: Wed, 10 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor