Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Blood sugar level reduced after stopping chocolates, sweetened drinks, not taken any medicine. Any suggestions?

my blood sugar varies a month back i was eating a lot of chocklates and drinking a lot of sweetened drinks my fasting was 144 and pp was 210 then i stopped eating chocklates and sweetened drinks and the next week it was 139 on fasting and then reduced to 131 in the following week after 10 days it came down to 106 any uesterday it was 98 i have not taken any medicine yet
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Diabetologist 's  Response
james you made me smile at your question . anyhow wats your age ya. and wat about your family history. one thing is your pancreas is not able to handle your blood sugar level properly. so wat ever you do to lower your sugar by reducing your chocolates, wat alll you take has a % of sugar that is carbohydrate. check your HbA1c which will give you the average sugar in your blood in the previous 90days . but maintain this lifestyle change forever with frequent checking of blood sugar . you may be a prediabetic . chek your fasting and post prandial every three months so that you can prevent overt diabetic . many people have post prandial hyperglycemia befor they manifest diabetic symptoms

keep in touch bye
Answered: Wed, 2 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor