Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Blood sugar level of 160, does it mean i have diabetes ?

Dear Doctor . I am a 47 yers old male with hypertension taking a 5mg. Norvasc. A week ago when I check my blood sugar it was 170 after a heavy sweet meal then after 2 huors it came back to 100 2 days later I check again it was 162 after a meal. Dose that means I am having diabetes? Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 30 Jan 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  320
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Dear friend,

Welcome to HealthcareMagic. You said that you had a heavy sweet meal well it may be because of the amount of sweet you have taken your blood sugar might have increased. symptoms like increased urination, increased thirst, loss of weight and increased appetite are indicative of diabetes. however it is good to get the full sugar profile done once.
Answered: Sun, 30 Jan 2011
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
once the readings comes high, then irrespective of tentative cause it is advisable to get the complete investigations done to rule out the cause because many a times a slight change in living style can save you from daily medicine and repeated visists to doctor. From your case history i would advise you to avoid sugar and add one tsf of fenugreek seeds soaked overnight and to be taken empty stomach early morning.
Answered: Sun, 30 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor