Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Blood reports showed elevated ALT, AST. Advised surgery to remove scar tissue connecting bladder, kidney and colon. Suggestion?

i just got some bloodwork done. I am 40 years old and had 2 operations to remove fibroids , endometriosis and i have scar tissue connecting my bladder, kidneys and colon . THe doctor says I will eventually need another operation to remove that scar tissue. I am concerned about the ASTNEW is 36 and ALTNEW is 61. there are other levels high too.
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  101
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear friend, welcome to HCM !
I would like to know the other results also.
thse AST, ALT are not much significant if no other liver problem.
what others are high?
are you obstructed? pain/ vomitting/ fever?
is it elective or emergency surgery?
would be glad to answer with more data at hand.
pl. revert and take care.
Answered: Thu, 19 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor