Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Blood report says S cholestrol -219.4 S.try-glycerides-447.8 Ldl - 129. What should i do?

hello gud evening sir this side Suresh and am jus 25 years old i wana put one thing in your kind view that today i gone throughwith my blood report and what i saw that my S cholestrol -219.4 S.try-glycerides-447.8 Ldl - 129 what should i do ? am really disturb
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Thanks for your question.

Your lipid profile deranged.

You should have Total Cholesterol

you need to have life style changes namely;

1- Exercise regularly
2- Avoid Oily food, fast food and fried food.
3- Stopd drinking alcohol(if you do so).
4- Stop smoking(if you do so)
5- Consult a doctor and take tab Gemfibrozil (gempig) twice daily for three month before you re check your lipids.

hope that answers your question.


Answered: Sun, 10 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Your triglycerides levels are very high and rest of the report is marginally high.
First you should get your blood sugar and thyroid function tests done.
In the absence of any of above mentioned problems,your dietary habits might be the cause for your dyslipidemia.
Stop Alcohol,if any.
Quit sweets,colas and deep fried foods.
Avoid junk foods like burgers ,noodles ,pizzas etc.
Reduce your calories and be in required range of our BMI.
Must start doing good amount of aerobic exercises daily along with resistance exercises.
You should be able to get these values in normal range just by changing your lifestyle.
Repeat lipid profile after 3 months.
If it is still high then you may talk to your doctor for prescription of the medication.
Answered: Sat, 9 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Critical Care Specialist Dr. Arshad Hussain's  Response
Well come to health care magic
Dear suresh, your lipid profile shows high triglycerrides, which could be due to obesity, familial hypertriglycerridemia, diabetes, hypothyroidism, or any other reason, need not to worry about it, just consult some endocrinologist who will prescribe you some lipid lowering drugs and will also try to find out the cause of this hypertriglycerridemia, you can also get your tests done for blood sugar fasting, and thyroid function tests, go for a regular walk and exercise for 1/2 hour to 1 hour, avoid high fatty diets and try to reduce your weight, i hope after 3 to 6 months this test will be looking normal
take care
Dr Arshad
Answered: Sat, 9 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor