Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Blood pressure 168/122 at 16 years old

I was at a pharmacy earlier today and i decided to take a blood pressure reading for no apparent reason, and i was astonished when the results came up on the screen. I tried two more times with nearly the exact same results, 168/122 with a pulse rate of 63. I am 5 9 and 150 lbs, 16 years old. Should i see a doctor or what should i do?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  551
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Blood Pressure reading of 168/122 is definately of concern. Even though your age is 16 years still there are many diseases which causes increased blood pressure apart from idopathic. It didnt show any symptoms just because your are young and your bllod vessels have capacity enough to constrict and dilate and maintain it. I would suggest you to show a good physycian and take it BP reading again and if it is again in the same range, under go certain investigations with consulation of your MD.
Wish you good health.
Answered: Tue, 13 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor