Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Blood pocket near ear piercing area, bleeding on popping, had white secretions earlier. How can I cure this?

Hi I am having a pocket of blood behind my earlobe , near an ear piercing. When I pop it, thick black blood comes out. It feels like a soft bubble under my skin, not hard at all. It s not apart of the piercing, but very near. It used to secrete milky white fluid (lymphatic, I believe), but now it s just very thick, crimson blood. What is this? And how do I treat it? (By the way, it doesn t hurt a lot, probably a 2 on a scale of 1-10)
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  234
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi i think it is granuloma pyogenicum.may be it is caused by injury prior to this which has caused blood to be collected.medical treatment does not cure this disease.the best treatment for it is electrocautery which is done until there is no blood inside.use a broad spectrum antibiotic twice daily and application of mupirocin ointment twice daily
Answered: Wed, 9 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor