Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Blood near tailbone after bowel movement. Diagnosed with Pilonidal cyst. Treatment?

For the last couple of weeks I have noticed that after a bowel movement there is some blood on the tailbone area. I was told by my GP that this was a polinidal cyst (sp?). There is no soreness, but again, sometimes the pressure of bowel movement causes me to have a little blood in the tailbone area. Is there anything I can do?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  101
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
Pilonidal sinus is unpleasant lesion which usually persists and have phases of inflammation and improvement. the best treatment is surgical,actually the only 100% succesful one. Till surgery it can be treated by antibioitc and topical creams but it almost always recur so people usually decide to perform exscision of sinus under general anasthesia.
Wish you good health.Regards
Answered: Sat, 28 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor