Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Blood in urine, frequent urination with pain. Loss of appetite, low energy. Enlarged prostate. Any help?

Hello doctor, my grandad is 91 and recently been passing blood in his urine and going to the toilet approx 20 times per day, only small amounts come out and feels pain also loss of apertite and has very little energy. On going med condition, diagnosed with inlarged prostate 2 years ago but hasnt recently been checked over, please can you help.
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Welcome to the forum. I went through your detailed history.
Bleeding could be due to infection, stones or enlarged prostate.
He needs urgent evaluation by a urologist.
He needs physical examination, urine analysis, ultrasound scan.
Cystoscopy may also be necessary.
Based on the results treatment needs to be given,
best regards
Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor