Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Blood in urine, frequent urge to urination, painful bladder spasms, lower back pain. How is lupus nephritis treated?

How is lupus nephritis treated? I m a 36 yr female diagnosed with SLE 12 years ago. I also have fibromyalgia , migraines, fibercycstic breast disease , TMJ , chronic dry mouth and eyes, Siracusa of the lower, and scoliosis. I m currently taking 2000mg of cellcept, 400mg plaquenil, 100mg savella, 100mg ultram er, tramadol/aet, voltren gel, voltren, omega 3, vitamin e, multi vitamin pack, and calcium. For the past 3 month I ve to several doctors trying to find out why I still had a uti. I recently found out on Friday I don t have and never had a uti. I have blood in my urine, chronic feeling of having to go urinate only to have nothing come out, painful spasms of the bladder, and some lower back pain.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  201
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Nephrologist 's  Response
wht does your urine routine examination amd culture report say ?
the symptoms you described are very much suggestive of a UTI, urinary tract infection.
lupus nephritis treatment involves following :
1) control of symptoms like joint pains fever etc by medicines like plaqnil you are taking.
2) disease modifying drugs which control activity of disease and progression of complications like cellcept and wysolone
3) treatment of complications like nephritis with control of swelling and anemia, and if itis fairly advanced then even dislysis and kidney transplant.
Answered: Sat, 3 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor