Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Blood in stool, pain in the anus. Did sigmoidoscopy. Diagnosed with internal hemorrhoid and fissure. Need immediate cure?

Hi Dr. Narasi, I have some bright red blood on the outside of the stool ,on the toilet paper and some pain that feels like its at the end of the anus . I paid a visit to the gastroenterologist about 3 years ago for the same issue. Dr. performed a flexible sigmoidoscopy and said there was no sign of cancer. But he said there was a I believe a fissure and an internal hemmoroid. He prescribed Calmol 4(zinc and cocoa butter inserts) and told me to increase my fiber intake. I did this off and on for a while and over the last 3 years the condition would come and go with periods of bright red bleeding. Lately the pain has returned as has the bright bloo, and I notice the pain sometimes lingers for hours after a bowel movement . I notice blood stains on my underwear almost as if I continue to bleed lightly after a bowel movement. I have an appointment tomorrow with the gastro and have no idea what else can be done. Could this be something more serious this time around? is there any way for me to cure this once and for all as it is a real hindrence. I am 40 year old male in good shape. Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  98
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in HCM. I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

You require repeat sigmoidoscopy, to see whether there is hemorrhoids which appears to be more likely or fissure.

If there is hemorrhoids I will advise to undergo hemorrhoids banding at the same go since the bleeding is recurrent. alos keep in mind that your stool should be soft always either by taking lots of fibres (psyllium fibres) or some laxative

If there is fissure then you will be requiring treatment for fissure first like sitz bath, soften your stool, and nitroglycerine or diltizem ointment for local application at anal verge

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. Remain in touch and get-well soon.
Answered: Wed, 10 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor