Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Blood count comes down due to spleen enlarged, please help

I have a friend who has an enlarged Spleen it has enlarged to such an extent as if to burst. He also has a problem that due to this his blood count comes down to 5.9 6.3 or so can you help me with the right advise
Asked On : Fri, 11 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  316
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
I'm french so please don't be too tough with my english... My mother is ill : she has the same trouble : very big spleen and very bad blood count.
I would be very pleased if you can explain what you finally discover and help us to help her...
My email :
Answered: Sat, 23 Apr 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Gyan Prakash's  Response
hi,welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.spleen enlargement is manifestation of underlying may be systemic or localized to should consult doctor to know the cause and as per your saying there may be requirement of surgical intervention.but all depends upon underlying causes.
Answered: Fri, 11 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor