Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Blood cancer. Alternative for stem cell transplantation? Will imitinef mercilet cures?

Hello sir/Madam, One of my friend is having blood cancer and the doctors advised to undergo stem cell transpantation. Is there any alternative way to do it. She is from a very poor family and hence they cannot spend money for her treatment please let me know is there any alternatives. Also i heard that Imitinef Mercilet is a medicine which cures blood cancer.Is there any use of taking this medicine??
Sat, 30 Nov 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Imatinib is used to treat CML (a type of blood Cancer). There are different kinds of blood cancer which can be diagnosed with investigation. Your friend's treating doctor may have diagnosed it and advised her for stem cell transplantation.

She should approach her doctor for alternative treatments if any and should discuss the course of treatment, as you have not mention the type of blood cancer.

Wishes for her good Health.
I find this answer helpful

 2 users find this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor