Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

Blood blister on foot after dropping a cupboard on it. Aches badly while running/ bending. Treatment ?

i dropped the corner of a cupboard door on my foot 3 weeks ago. a small red blood blister came up straight away and then my foot swelled. the swelling has gone down and the bruising too, but the red mark still remains. it aches badly if i walk, run or bend my foot too much, and there is a solid lump just above where the foot and toe join under the surface which feels like bone when i touch it, it makes my foot ache. I felt the other foot and it isnt on that one. have a broken it?
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  385
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pulmonologist 's  Response
The persisting red mark on your foot is the remnant of the haematoma(blood collection) you had as a result of cupboard falling on your foot. This will go fade and graduslly away in a matter of days. I hope you got your foot xrayed and there is no bony injury. If there is no bony injury, the pain is because of soft tissue injury which will also go slowly. You should take some pain killers, apply a gel and crepe bandage and take rest. To completely rest your foot, you masy wear a posterior cast for a few weeks. If there is a fracture, you need to wear a plaster for which you should consult a orthopedician.
Answered: Thu, 9 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor