Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Blood blister/Bruise in my left knee, should I be worried about ?

I am a 24m and have what looks like a very small bruise below the right side of my kneecap on my left knee. It is flat and seems as though there is blood pooled up below my knee. It doesn t hurt, but just keeps gradually enlarging every time i play sports on it. Is this something I should worry about?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  588
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
you should go for biopsy test and then surgical removal of the spot.
thanks for using HCM forum
Answered: Thu, 11 Aug 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.mostly it should be some cyst,which keeps on collection fluid every time there is some minor injury or pressure.You should visit your doctor and get it diagnosed.At times repeated injury can lead to infection and more problems.In most of the cases ultrasound needs to be done and then if needed surgical removal is advised.
wishing you good health.
Answered: Thu, 11 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor