Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Blood and pus from a spot on inner leg, intense swelling and pain. Any home remedies?

Hi,i had a spot along my inner leg near the groin area,it had been there a couple months and whenever i sqyeezed ut blood and pus would come out. It was never sore,but a few days ago it swelled up and became quite painful; i squeezed it today and lots of blood and pus came out but this time it smelled quite bad and there was quite alit comin out. I washed it in warm water after it was all out and dabbed sone TCP on it,but its still inflamed and a bit sore-what do you think this is and is there anything i can do at home before seeing the nurse at my GP? Thank You
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

The inner thigh is a common site for infection of the hair follicles called furuncles or carbuncles.

The friction caused in these areas, shaving of hair, or accidental or deliberate removal of hair from these areas results in an infection of the hair follicle. This results in the formation of a cavity below the skin, with the accumulation of pus, blood and dead tissue.

This normally requires a course of antibiotics to treat it. If large, it might even require a surgical approach(incision and drainage). Please consult your doctor for management.

In the meantime you could apply warm compresses with a clean cloth and lukewarm water. Wear comfortable clothing. Keep the area dry and clean.

I hope I have succeeded in answering your questions, you could write back to me anytime for further clarifications.

Best wishes.
Answered: Wed, 6 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor