Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Blood and Pus in urine

Hello sir, my father of age 55 years having a problem with his urine. He find quite difficult in urination in early morning and in the urine he find some blood and some white thing (may be pus). so kindly can u say me what is the problem is there any complication. and please recommend any doctor in Kolkata or Bangalore. thanks and regards.
Asked On : Mon, 7 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  307
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
thax for health care magic
you need to neet to contact urologist immmediately
A high count of red blood cells in the urine can indicate infection, trauma, tumors, or kidney stones.,glomerulonephritis,. other causes
u need to have urine examination urea and createnine
Answered: Sun, 17 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Naveen Kumar's  Response

You need to consult a urologist, this can be benign prostatic hypertrophy/ prostatic malignancy/ ureteric stones. All these require physical examination, ultrasound of the pelvis, etc.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Mon, 7 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Jasvinder Singh's  Response
Blood in urine is called hematuria and it is not normal. This signifies any underlying medical conditions which needs investigations to confirm. Most often it is related to urinary tract problems like kidney stones, inflammation of urinary tract, prostate enlargement, renal vein thrombosis, certain kidney tumors and polycystic kidney disease, blood coagulation disorders and anticoagulants intake.

From the symptoms it looks like an obstruction of the urinary system which has caused difficulty in urinating and blood in urine. Diagnostic tests that may be performed include Urinalysis, Urine culture, Blood tests, X-rays of the kidneys, Cystoscopy, IVP, Abdominal ultrasound and CT scan of the abdomen along with ultrasonography of prostate by trans rectal method.

Hope it helps you. Regards.

Answered: Mon, 7 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor