Blood Pressure 146/103. Is it OK?

my blood pressure has been a little high all week sould i be worried,its been 146/103 give or take a few num
my dr gave me a low dose of medication but its not helping
Mon, 5 Sep 2011
Hello ignazio;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The BP of 146/103 is definitely high and if few readings are as high or same then it is better that your doctor has started on some medicines.It is important to know your age and the medicine your doctor has prescribed.Presently i would suggest you to continue the same medicine for a week and keep monitoring the BP and if it still remains please consult your doctor and he will increase the dose if required.
Thanks
jaroslav's  Response
I'd call your doctor in the morning and let them know what your BP is still high, they may need to tweak your dosage. I agree with other people, you should cut back, or cut out caffiene and if you are overweight, just losing 10 lbs can help significantly lower your BP.