Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Blocked nose, coughing, lump of tissue in nose. Should I see an ENT?

about a month ago, my nose was stopped up.(I have suffered with sinus issues all of my life).It felt like some blockage on my right side,nothing unusual.while I was sleeping I awoke almost felt like i was choking coughing.I tried to blow my nose but it didnt help so i snorted as hard as i could and out came a lump of tissue .out of that right side should i see an ent doctor? i dont have the tissue but i do have a picture of it.
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  103
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

Since you are giving a history of sinus issues for a long time in all probability you be having chronic sinusitis which has now gone into the polypoidal state.

Polyps are soft white tissue like swellings which can block your nose and give you headache. They may be one sided in some condition or may affect both the side in some.

You need to consult your ENT doctor immediately so that he can perform an Endoscopy and CT of the sinuses to evaluate the severity of the sinuses.

The tissue which had come out will not be of much diagnostic value in isolation so do not worry about it. You may show the snap to the doctor so that he can at least rule out more serious lesions.

take care and do not blow your nose so hard in future

Dr Sriram Nathan
Answered: Fri, 23 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor