Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Blocked fallopian tubes, failed IVF cycle. What treatment will help?

Hello Sir, My wife is having both the F Ts blocked due to which she is unable to conceive. We also went for an IVF cycle which eventually failed on the 15th day after the ET. I live in India and desperately looking for some treatment for her which can unblock her tubes and help her conceive naturally. Can you please suggest something on this. We both are of 36 years of age. Thanks,
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  124
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Treatment to unblock tubes consists of surgery, either open or laparoscopically done. But success of surgery depends on the site & type of block. Also at her age of 36 years, IVF will give better chance of pregnancy although it is little costly. We have to understand that success rate of IVF in one cycle is not 100%. You can continue with another IVF cycle if affordable, OR otherwise can go for surgery to unblock tube if it is openable. (After consulting doctor who is having expertise in the procedure)
Wish you Good Health.
Answered: Mon, 1 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor