Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
185 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Blockage of the nose due to deviated nasal septum. Inflammation of the nasal mucosa. Need permanent cure

sir i have DNS( deviated nasal septum and also my nasal bone is croocked),n i really suffer alot due to blockage of nose.and i alwas have inflamation in my nasal secretes mucous whole day,i take budesonide nasal spray relieves me for some time.. plz can u give me permanent treatment for this..thanks alot
Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics ,  
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

You seem to be suffering from a Deviated Nasal Septum and probably, an allergic rhinitis. Budesonide nasal spray is an steroid medication which works to relieve the allergy and congestion. However, it is only a temporary measure.

DNS can be corrected permanently with surgery only. So, if your symptoms are severe and persisting despite medication, then it would be worthwhile to consider the option of surgery. Please discuss this with an ENT specialist.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Sheeba Stephen
Emergency Medicine Specialist
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. A.K. Srivastava's  Response

Welcome in H.C.M.

I have gone through your query regarding permanent cure for your deviated nasal septum.

I would like to tell you that deviated nasal septum is such a condition of nose which can't be corrected by medicine. But before going for surgery we will try to know the severity of symptoms. Main problem caused by septal deviation is air way obstruction. but if patient is having other nasal problems as- nasal discharge, sneezing, itching etc, than we will try to find out associated diseases like allergy, nasal polyp and sinusitis etc, because large nasal polyp also give rise to septal deviation and this type of septal deviation is called as secondary D.N.S.
You are advice for following basic investigations-
(1) C.T.scan of paranasal sinuses,
(2) Diagnostic nasal endoscopy,
A thorough clinical examination to find out weather you have only deviated nasal septum or other associated diseases are also contributing.Depending upon diagnosis different surgical procedures are adopted they are as under-
(1) Septoplasty operation - in cases of only nasal septal deviation.
(2) Septoplasty with FESS operation-in cases of DNS with sinusitis or nasal polyp
(3) septoplasty with Turbinoplasty -in cases of DNS with Tubinate hypertrophy.
I think you should now consult your his expertise will decide the correct operative procedure.

Hope your query is now explained well.

With Regards.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I am 25 yrs old and have been diagnosed with sinusitis and gross DNS. My PNS X-Ray shows nasal septum deviated to right. I have been suffering with...

Recent questions on  Budesonide

doctor1 MD

Hi There I have currently been taking budesonide for three weeks for my chrons and over the last week i have been experiencing bad heartburn after...

doctor1 MD

I am male 93 years young currently under treatment for bladder cancer cancerous material removed and now I am thru thte second of the six shot...

doctor1 MD

i am a 52 year old women with pretty bad asthma and no am faceing hotflashes on my ears and the back of my head

doctor1 MD

chronic cough after a cold. coughing attack may produce shortness of breath .

doctor1 MD

i have difficulty breahting when i try to inhale, i m a 16 year old male and i ve done sports my entire life, i was on a national swim team this...

doctor1 MD

Yes my 6 year old son has been coughing for two weeks and he has asthma the doctors just looked at him yesterday and they said he was fine well...

doctor1 MD

Hi i m 39 years of age from Asian doctor subscribe symbicort turbuhaler 160/4.5 1 dose twice a day on the bases of my Chest X-ray...