Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Blockage in artery going to cerebrum. Had a brain hemorrhage. Will surgery help?

Hi Doctor, My father in-law is having blockage in the artery that goes to Cerebrum from the right side (behind the ear) of the neck . It is 90% blocked. He recently go brain hemorrhage. Do we have solution to this with medicine ? as doctors are saying this kind of operations are rarely successful? Please suggest, whom we should contact for right kind of treatment in India?
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
With information you have given it seems that his Internal Juglar of right side is 90% blocked.
He has suffered a Stroke due to brain Hemorrhage ,it depends on location and size of bleed inside of brain,which must have been detected by CT SCAN/MRI Angio.
This also depend on is he hypertensive and/or Diabetic.
This would be appropriate to consult a Neuro Surgeon if any kind of intervention is possible or not if possible with what success.
For instance a Sub dural hematoma is treatable by surgery with good success but Brainstem hemorrhage may not be?
Take good care
Good Luck.
Answered: Sun, 9 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor